LIMITED EDITION ORANGE COLOURED VNYL
It was the one and only Arthur “Duke” Reid who brought the Jamaican music scene to a higher level by perfecting the recording quality day by day. By the time and effort, he put in producing he created some of the most important Trojan releases. The wonderful compilation Soul of Jamaica consists of music recorded in 1968 by some of the top-notch musicians who were available for the recording sessions. Duke had Tommy McCook and the Supersonics, led by the Ex-Skatalite saxophone king and featuring teenage drumming sensation Paul Douglas and bassman Jackie Jackson among others. The vocal stars on this record are Alton Ellis and the Paragons, some of the well-known musicians from that time. This is another fantastic compilation by the Duke.
Soul of Jamaica is available as a limited edition of 750 individually numbered copies on orange coloured vinyl.
VARIOUS - SOUL OF JAMAICA (COLOURED VINYL)
- Joya Landis - Angel Of The Morning
- Alton Ellis - My Willow Tree
- Tommy Mccook & The Supersonics - Heatwave (Moving)
- Joya Landis - Out De Light
- The Paragons - My Best Girl
- Tommy Mccook & The Supersonics - The World Needs Love
- Alton Ellis - I Can't Stand It
- Phyllis Dillon - Long Time (Aka Nice Time)
- Tommy Mccook & The Supersonics - Ride Me Donkey
- Alton Ellis & Phyllis Dillon - Love Letters
- The Jamaicans - Woman Go Home
- Tommy Mccook & The Supersonics - Flying Home